2015! I can’t even believe it. How are you going to welcome in the New Year? and more importantly, how are you going to maximize the opportunities? love? experiences? adventures? challenges? and zest for life? I always take time to journal about the year that just came to a close (2014), and the year that I am beginning (2015). What do I journal about, you ask? Answer: all of it!
2014 was an incredible year for me. Tons of personal growth, tons of business growth, and several glorious milestones that enrich my life immensely. In no particular order, here’s the Top 10 items i’m grateful for in 2014.
- I am grateful for launching this gorgeous website, www.samirastable.com, as a way to share my journey and inspire others to enrich theirs. I am also grateful for the wonderful team of supporters, advisors, fans, friends, designers, photographer, etc. who helped make this launch a reality.
- I am grateful for turning 40. It’s a club I have always wanted to be a part of, and now i’m IN! I truly feel like my glorious years will be from 40-60, where I will be able to fully honor my soul’s calling and experience life on an entirely elevated level.
- I am grateful for the incredible friends and loving family I have. My friends are truly remarkable people and I often step back and admire their kindness, their generosity, their love, and their loyalty. I now know for sure that life is as rich as your relationships, and I am very proud to have some of the best relationships a woman can have.
- I am grateful for my business partners, colleagues, clients, supporters and teachers. 2014 was a year that allowed me to greatly expand the breadth and depth of my businesses, and to deepen many relationships, that are in line with my service to the world. For this, I am am humbled, delighted and honored.
- I am grateful for all the truly amazing travel opportunities I always have. Those of you who know me, know i’m happiest on the move, exploring other people, cultures, cuisines, customs and ways of life.
- Along those lines, I am grateful for all the amazing meals I’ve shared in 2014. I am continually humbled by the dedication, fierce work ethic, and ethereal creativity I experience from many chefs and cooks. The culinary profession requires a dedication and passion, second to none; and I am beyond grateful for those who invest their time, passion and souls.
- I am grateful for my health, and the health of my loved ones.
- I am grateful for numerous opportunities to be still, to honor my soul’s calling, to deepen my meditative and yoga practice, and to emphatically go with the flow. I now know for sure that life is what happens when we are busy making other plans, and I am blessed to be in a position to be nimble, humble, flexible, and to FLOW (on my yoga mat, and in my daily practices, projects and commitments).
- I am grateful for the God moments and experiences I’ve had with dear friends and family. From that feeling of complete bliss the morning of my 40th birthday, to the glee in my godson, nephew, and all the special little people in my life’s faces when I surprise them with a visit, to the kindness and generosity of my friends in making my special occasions special.
- I am grateful for defining success in a way that works for me. I am grateful for being able to architect my life to allow me to live each day to the fullest. To honor my body, my mind, my soul, and the relationships most important to me. I now know for sure that life is best when shared with loved ones, and making the time to be present with those you care about, especially during their special times, is one of the greatest investments you can make.
Thank you 2014 for being fantastic, and hello 2015, I can’t wait to grow with you :-)).