DEALS AND DIVAS
Deals and Divas is a leading provider of networking events, educational forums and social activities for women in the “deal” space. We are made up of inspirational and aspirational women who are entrepreneurs, seasoned business owners, corporate executives, accountants, lawyers, bankers, fund managers, board members, investors and family offices. We gather together to connect with like-minded individuals, share our stories, mentor and support each other, and promote and invest in each other.
MARCH 14: WOMEN IN THE FAMILY BUSINESS
About 40% of U.S. family-owned businesses turn into second-generation businesses, 13% are passed down successfully to a third generation and 3% to a fourth or beyond ((Businessweek.com, 2010). Learn how these successful business are transitioning across generations, and the key to their success.
Discussion topics include:
- What enables the family business to make it past the first generation?
- Has your role changed over the years? If so, How?
- Can you be an entrepreneur and still run your family business?
- Were there challenges specific to being a woman in the business?
- What advice would you give to new entrepreneurs who might want to pass on their own legacy to future generations?
Samira Salman, CEO, Salman Solutions, LLC
Kim Manocherian, CEO, New York Health and Racquet Club
Jyoti Singhvi, CEO, JYOTI New York
Monday, March 14th, 2016
5:30-6:30 Networking and Cocktails
6:30-8:00 pm Panel Discussion and Q&A
Michael Schwamm, Partner
Duane Morris, LLP
1540 Broadway, New York, NY 10036